Connect with us

News

“We must improve” – Radrizzani speaks on the club’s future

Leeds United chairman and owner says the club need to improve ahead of the second half of the season.

The Whites went into the World cup break in 15th place, just 2 points above the relegation zone. Impressive results against Chelsea and Liverpool earlier this season were quickly disrupted by an 8-game winless run.

Radrizzani stated that he has a good connection with Jesse Marsch, and knows that the club will kick on after the break:

“I speak very regularly with the coach,” Radrizzani told The Sports Entrepreneurs Podcast. “We have played some good games where we didn’t get points and for sure there is something to improve.

“We need to score more goals, we need to produce more goals in the games we play, one example was in the first half at Crystal Palace, we played a very good game, we should have scored two or three but didn’t and in the end we lost 2-1. This is football, it is a young team, we’re the second youngest team in the league and for a lot of players in our line-up, it’s the first time playing Premier League.”

“I’m sure they have a brilliant future but these ups and downs are calculated. We need to stay strong, create consistency and I’m sure this team over the year can become better and better. This year I target we can be midtable but we need to improve and get more points for the way we play football, which is quite good I believe.”

Radrizzani is still majority shareholder at Elland Road, amid reports of a full takeover by 49ers Enterprises. The American consortium own 44 per cent of shares, with Radrizzani holding the other 56 per cent, but they do have the option to buy the Italian out in January 2024.

Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Must See