Connect with us

Transfers

Leeds United join Nottingham Forest and Everton in race for £50m star

Premier League Credit: Imago
Premier League Credit: Imago

Daniel Farke made it clear to the Leeds United ownership at the end of last season that he wanted investment on the pitch. In his view, the team needed serious reinforcements to survive another season in the top flight.

And this summer window has delivered in some ways, with the club adding some serious quality.

Leeds have signed James Trafford, Nico Elvedi, Tarik Muharemovic and Harry Wilson. Each providing a substantial boost to the overall strength of the team in their respective positions.

With just days to go before the new season kicks off, Farke spoke on the business done so far.

According to him, he is ‘okay’ with what the 49ers have done so far, but he is pushing for a few more to come in before the transfer window closes.

Leeds United join race for £50m star

Reports emerged earlier this month that Leeds United could be targeting three or more signings.

A backup goalkeeper for James Trafford remains a priority, as well as a backup left back for Gabriel Gudmundsson. The report also added that the Whites were after a striker.

On Thursday, Ben Jacobs and GMS are reporting that Leeds United have joined the race for Chelsea striker Liam Delap.

The England U21 star did not have the best of seasons last year, and is expected to be surplus to requirements this time around. Delap has been training outside the first team group this week as the uncertainty grows over his future.

Chelsea are said to be asking for £50 million, but clubs are confident that offers around £40 million will do.

Nottingham Forest and Everton are said to be the other clubs showing interest in the former Ipswich Town man.

READ MORE: Daniel Farke sends blunt transfer message to 49ers ahead of summer deadline

Liam Delap is not worth the money

Delap would be the ideal target for the 49ers based on what we have learned in this window.

Graham Smyth made it clear that club sources wanted a younger profile to play as a striker in this team and compete with Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

The Chelsea man ticks the boxes, but his price tag is something Leeds need to avoid. Coming off a season where he barely managed to score goals, wasting money would not be ideal.

However, the Whites did have him on their shortlist before he joined the London club.

So that could play a part in any potential moves. Signing the striker for anything close to £40 million would be a bad move.

Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted

Must See