Connect with us

Transfers

Leeds transfer exit ‘gathers pace’ as promotion hero told he has no future

Rangers
Paraag Marathe at a Rangers game.

Leeds United have already began planning for the future with one game left in the Premier League. The Whites secured their spot ahead of next season with a solid run to end the campaign.

They have gone unbeaten in every league game off the back of the March international break. Impressive results against Manchester United and Bournemouth sealed their place in the top flight next season.

Daniel Farke’s side get to wrap up their campaign away to West Ham on Sunday, and could well determine the fate of the Hammers.

Transfers have been a big topic at Elland Road in the last couple of weeks. When Farke was asked about his future, he went on a long rant about the club and their ambition.

He pointed out that the team needs to avoid their mistake from 2020, when they failed to back Bielsa in the transfer market.

Leeds United star to be allowed to leave this summer

There are expectations that Leeds United will be busy this summer, just like when they splashed the cash last year. Even though there is a commitment to improve the team, there are financial issues.

The club’s director Peter Lowy made it clear that the team will manage its finances heading into next season. So it is clear that some exits will facilitate this summer’s transfers.

One of the main names expected to leave is Joel Piroe. Per TEAMtalk, the striker has been informed that he is not a part of Leeds’ plans next season, and is set to consider his options.

Rangers are said to be interested in the striker, alongside Middlesbrough. The report also indicates that clubs in the Championship are also monitoring the situation.

READ MORE: Major Leeds United blow as 6 stars set to miss West Ham trip

An exit is the best option for Joel Piroe

When Piroe was left out of the starting lineup early in the season, some eyebrows were raised. But the performances of Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Lukas Nmecha convinced the fans.

He was not Daniel Farke’s first choice, and the Leeds boss explained that his style of football does not suit the striker. Piroe has spent most of this season coming off the bench and playing in cup games.

His role could be lessened next season if the Whites bring another striker on board. So it will be the best option for every party if the 26-year old finds another destination in the off season.

Click to comment
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Must See